Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Floors

When we bought our house, we knew our white carpet was not going to last long. After Mikey made repeated visits to a particular corner of the loveseat, it was time to take it out. No one wants a house that smells like dog piddle. So out the carpet went, a bit sooner than planned. Here are some pictures of the before-and-after. The "before" is really "midstream" because Sam started whipping the furniture around before I could snap a picture. Seriously, he can lift our loveseat and carry it across the room all by himself.

Goodbye, dingy white; Hello shiny wood!

Not that slipcovered hand-me-down furniture is ever going to look super great, but it looks better on the wood. White carpet is so formal, and we are NOT formal people, so the bare wood/area rug look helps with the casual, lived-in look we having going on. Yeah, that's what we'll call it...

2 comments:

TB said...

Oh my GOODNESS-I love the WOOD :) It looks FANTASTIC :):)

Ginger Murray said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize how much catching up I had to do on your blog and life! I LOVE the floors!! We just put in laminate and are lovin the change from our old carpet too!