Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Random Miscellaneous

I have access to many magazines at school, some of which I choose to read while supervising study hall in a different part of the building (away from my computer--gasp!) One favorite is "Family Handyman" which features projects and helpful hints for the DIY homeowner. I read a particularly good tip about putting a power strip in a bread box to hold cell phone chargers. Those things are so ugly, but so necessary. Anyway, I went out looking for a bread box for Sam to drill a hole in, but instead found this great basket. It is designed to hold extra toilet paper, but it was just the right size and shape for this application. Plus it was only $4 at Wal-Mart. It sits on top of the microwave, looking nice and neutral, but the cord for the power strip sneaks out the side and around the back to the outlet. Cell phones live inside when they need a power boost.


Gross mess contained! Woo hoo!

If you read Randy and Karen's blog, you know about Karen's great finds at the One Week Boutique--a sale of used kid's stuff in the Champaign area. I was totally jealous of the giant emporium of cheap things, so I found my own! The Minnesota Valley Mothers of Multiples (MOMS) had a sale at the end of September and I got some great things to round out Annie's winter wardrobe. Below are the clothes we got, and we also picked up a pony on wheels for Anne to ride. Big kudos to my mom, who came along with us and scored some great toys for daycare and helped me keep Anne happy. I'm planning to hit the spring sale as well, though I might arrange a caravan of moms and leave the kid at home. A gym full of crazy, deal-hunting moms is not a good place to navigate a stroller...
New clothes! My favorite is the fleece-lined jeans--where can I get a pair for myself?

No comments: