Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quick update

Sorry no pictures today--I got the camera but not the USB cable, so we must go another day with no photos of Anne. She's seen the extended family lately, so most of our readers know what she's up to.

We've had a string of busy weekends, and will continue to be busy until the school year is over and our wedding season comes to a close. Until then the laundry may get done more sporadically and the bathroom may not get a good "deep clean," just the "wipe and swipe" with a paper towel and the Lysol spray. If I could just stop sleeping I could keep up with it all!

Pregnancy continues to progress with few complications. Well, there's one minor one, but it is too gross to write about. Some things are better kept private--no one is in any danger or anything, so don't worry. Next check-up is Monday and hopefully the doc can give me some advice/medicine to make life a little easier. Still no decision on finding out the gender--we keep going back and forth!

In food news, we bought ourselves a 50 lb box of ground beef, roast, and steaks at our church fundraising auction on Sunday. Sam really wanted to bid on the "beef box," so I told him he could spend up to $120. He bid and bid and got the box for $115--just over $2/lb for all that meat. Now we need to fire up our basement freezer so we'll have somewhere to put it all. So when you get invited for steaks on the grill this summer, we really mean it! (Trav, I'll make you a black bean burger--also delicious.)

So that's all for today. I've got 15 kindergarteners set to arrive any second, so I best get out of my chair!

No comments: