Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pregnancy 1 vs. Pregnancy 2

For the most part this pregnancy has been the same as the first one, in terms of how I'm feeling. The difference is that I have a little commentary on the whole thing from Annie. Like yesterday, when I was feeling yucky and, um, gassy, I had a voice to say "Tootie!" every time it was appropriate. Thanks, kiddo.

I think I will concede to Sam and not find out the gender of this child, if for no other reason than I am the one who rarely compromises and he almost always does, so I need to be fair. As I told a friend, it all boils down to that one moment during the ultrasound when they ask "Do you want to know?" and you have to say "yes" or "no" I have a feeling I would look at Sam for him to answer and he would say "Fine, we can know" because he almost always lets me have my way. So I must be strong! Stay decided! No flaking at the last minute!

I have a few updated pictures of Annie and a funny video to share, but I can't seem to remember to bring the camera to school! I like to upload things on my laptop because it is much faster, but it involves the extra step of getting the camera to school and getting it done.

Now, a funny conversation between my friend Carl and his 3 and 1/2 year old daughter. They were watching a TV show about going to the beach:

Daughter: Can we go to the beach?
Carl: Of course we can.
D: No, we can't. It is too cold.
C: Well, we can go when it gets warm.
D: No, we won't go.
C: Why not?
D: Because it is never going to get warm!
C: Um, okay. We can still have fun playing in the yard in the snow.
D: No we can't.
C: Why?
D: There's too much dog poop!

We had a good laugh at that. Apparently we both have backyards that look like minefields when the snow melts. Our neighbor calls them "poodle bombs" (even though her dogs are Schnauzers.) So come on, spring! I've got poop to scoop!

2 comments:

TB said...

Annie's lovely commentary reminds me of when I was prego with Luke. I did not realize how much Jack picked up....

I threw up every single day of pregnancy with both boys. I did not realize how much Jack knew of this until one day I heard him pretend gagging in his toy digger. I asked him what he was playing and he said Mommy! To play Mommy, one must have to puke in a toy....or a toilet :)

Unknown said...

When I remember to read your blog, I love it:) Helps me keep up to speed with what's goin on down in that part of the world!