Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What does that say?

There are many days I miss my old job and the one big difference between private schools and public: Uniforms. How I adored those little plaid jumpers and tucked-in shirts! I especially miss them when I see little girls wearing saucy t-shirts. I know they are everywhere, and some of them are cute, but most are obnoxious. Today's examples are: "I don't give attitude. I bring my own." and "Out of your league." Really?!?! Out of your league?!?! You are 9 years old--how do you even know what that means?

Long ago I saw a cute website that had "alternative" word shirts for kids. This one was my fave:

My daughter can say something intelligent with her shirt (should she ever wear a word shirt). She doesn't need to be "princess" or "diva" or "sassy" or "flirt" (my least favorite of all!) Can't she just be a kid?

2 comments:

The Thuente Family said...

Agreed! I hate those stupid shirts. I have to agree the uniforms are top notch! Even on out of uniform days, they still have to wear "Star Wear." We are in the midst of practice for the Spring Show. Should be interesting... I keep having flashbacks to us yelling at kids and giving out strikes. Annie and Lillian better not be like those kids were!

Sarah said...

Hah! I click to leave a comment on your site and look who beat me to it. :) Nicely said, Sarah.