Saturday, November 20, 2010

And she spells, too

Anne has an awesome set of alphabet blocks. They were a gift from my aunt Diane before Anne was even born, and they have been a favorite plaything for the past 3 years.

Anne knows all her letters and she often asks me to spell things. One word she is fixated on is "Bingo" We sing the song and spell it out, so it sticks with her. She has often tried to spell "bingo" with her blocks, but she's never been successful.

Today, however, she finally did it! I did not help her at all with this--I swear. She found all the letters and I reminded her that words go from left to right, and she figured it out.

This was one of the first things she did this morning, which explains the bedhead, pajamas, and peanut butter on her face.Way to go, Anne-Pan! You are doing a great job trying to make sense of what you hear and see.

No comments: