Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Let us not forget Sambo

15-month well-baby visit today:

26.6 lbs (Anne was 24 lbs, 14 oz)

32 inches (Anne was the same)

Giant head (giant brain)

He bumped up from 50th percentile in everything to 75th in height and weight and 95th for head size. The doctor actually said "What have you been feeding him?" I said "Anything and everything!"

Sambo had 3 major screaming fits during the 25 minutes we were in the office. I know he has some separation anxiety right now, but he was borderline hysterical. He cried when I set him on the scale, when the doctor checked his teeth, and when he got his shots. It reminded me of when he was a cry-y infant who I called "King Hysterical" because he would go bonkers over nothing. (I know, compassion is my middle name. Who rolls their eyes at a baby and thinks "Buck up, buddy"?)

In his defense, Sam did get 4 shots, which would make anyone a little grumpy.

Sam Roman is a textbook 15-month-old. The doctor and I always kind of look at each other and shrug our shoulders as if to say "Yep, it's all good--see you in 3 months!"

**Addition: He also has 5 teeth. Anne had 12 at this point. Not to be constantly comparing, but where the heck are the chompers, boy?**

No comments: