Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving (it's next week, people!)

I don't know about you, but those weeks between Halloween and Thanksgiving FLEW by! We are having 2 Thanksgiving celebrations this year: one on Wednesday with Sam's family and one on Thursday with mine. Both are potluck (this is Minnesota, after all), so here's what we are contributing to our respective feasts. If you need some last-minute inspiration, follow the links below.

For Wednesday:
Pumpkin pie
Cranberry Cheesecake Pie (I was looking for a "something different" dessert, and this is what I landed on. I hope it is good!)
Roasted Vegetables (same thing--wanted something different and less "carb-y" than standard sweet potatoes. Also, I've never had brussels sprouts.)

For Thursday:
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes (the crock pot travels well, so in goes my casserole)

Now, for fun, say "crock pot sweet potatoes" in your best Minnesotan accent.

2 comments:

Nana Anna Harry said...

We spent the summer on the hunt for good, fresh Brussels sprouts and a foolproof (HAH) way to prepare them. The most important thing is not to overcook them (they can get very bitter); but even buying "smart" (round, bright green, heavy for size, tight-ish leaves) presents a challenge. LOVE THEM, though, and I'm happy to be trying them!

Gin said...

Oh Corrie, I would consider myself a veggie lover but I draw the line at Brussels sprouts. I had to eat them as a child and have no fond memories of the little stinky cabbages.