Friday, April 3, 2009

18 month word list

I'm trying to put together a comprehensive list of Anne's words as she turns 1.5. I've been working on this for a few days, so I hope I've got them all.

Names of People
Annie
Daddy
Mommy/Mom
Oma
Opa
Nana
Todd
Nic
Lucy
Elsa
Karl
Manny

Foods
Milk
Bunnies (mac and cheese or crackers in bunny shape)
Cookie
Couscous (so funny!)
Fruit
Pizza

Parts of the Body (says)
Toes
Eyes
Nose
Teeth

Parts of the Body (points to)
Toes
Hands
Eyes
Nose
Hair
Teeth
Belly
Legs

Concepts
Please
More, please
Hello
Bye-Bye
All done

Animals

puppy
kitty
pony
cow
pig
"baa" (sheep)
bunny
tiger
fish
bird

Animal Sounds
Puppy: oof, oof
Cow: ooooo
Pony: neigh
Kitty: mah-ow
Wolf: ah-ooooh
Bear: rah

General Stuff
pants
shoes
socks
dress
poopy
book
toy
car
tools
spoon
snack
up
in
house
where is he?
where
on
baby
Dee-Dee
no
hockey
"patty" (asking to say pat-a-cake)


She also has a book that has a chinchilla in it, and she calls it "mama" Normally I would think nothing of that, but it is the only thing she calls "mama," so I figure it is her way of saying "chinchilla"

5 comments:

Nana said...

She also says, "Oh, nooo," and it's just about the cutest thing I ever heard.

Unknown said...

I think you left out E-wah.

Ginger Murray said...

I like when she said by to me when we met for coffee. "Gin zsha." (Something like that). She can call me that forever, and I wouldn't care. It's adorable.

In my book, Mama = Chinchilla. Mamas are soft and warm.

Opa said...

She'll also say "up please" when she want to sit in your lap, and when she sees her picture on the computer, or on the wall, she'll point and say "Nannie."

Corrie said...

Well, she doesn't say "E-wah" anymore--she just calls Erin "Todd" Don't tell!