Monday, April 13, 2009

Wow. Just, wow.

So, my baby became a toddler over spring break. I'll spare you the long narrative and just give you some numbers (these run Thursday to Sunday)

Number of times she splashed in the toilet: 3

Number of times she splashed in the dog water: 3

Number of times she had a screaming meltdown in her crib: 3

Time she finally went to sleep Saturday night: 11:00 pm

Number of mugs broken while "helping" with the dishes: 1

Number of bruise-leaving bites on my arm: 1

Number of foot-stomping, screaming "I'm mad" fits: too many to count; probably 8 or 9

Number of mornings awakened by a crying Anne: 4

Number of times she threw her blanket out of the stroller or carseat: Again, too many to count

Number of time-outs and swats on the rump: 1 of each

Number of times she laughed when I told her "No": 3 or 4 (want to induce some Mommy-rage? Keep this up.)

Number of times she knocked over our floor lamp, which she knows not to touch: 2

Number of meals dropped to the dog: 3 (can a child live on milk and animal crackers?)

I love you, baby, but this weekend was too much. I was not too sad to come to work this morning! Hopefully tonight we will get along a bit better.

4 comments:

Opa said...

What a prodigy! She managed to reach the Terrible Twos in only 18 months!

Slightly ahead of her mother's pace, as I recall.

TB said...

Oh Corrie and Sam...you have your work cut out for you :) Hang in there...however, we did go through this phase AGAIN at 3 with Jack! :)

The Thuente Family said...

Yikes! Now I'm scared...

Nanny #2 said...

Time to call Super Nanny? Get her rehabilitated early.