Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Okay, sorry...

...I promised pictures of Annie's cute new bed, but we didn't get the furniture set up last night. Instead we went to Urgent Care to have Anne's lungs listened to! We were there for 2.5 hours only to be told "Yeah, she's maybe a little croup-y. Nothing we can do--virus, blah, blah, blah...use her humidifier and give lots of fluids."

Yeah, thanks for that keen medical advice.

Note to childless people: an ER exam room is not designed for your active toddler. Bring lots of toys/distractions if you want to keep your kid from digging in the trash or attempting to open a drawer labeled "sterile speculums" (gross!)

So pictures will be here soon--we're planning to put the bed in her room tonight while Nana is over. If nothing else it will get the bed out of the garage, the mattress out of the basement, and get Annie used to the sight of the bed. Maybe one day she'll sleep in it...we'll figure it out as we go :)

1 comment:

TB said...

I am sorry Corrie--that stinks! We too have had our share of "viral/random illness" junk! We headed to the doctor today to find out they both have sinus infections....which I think is a catch all!

I hate the ER with little ones...I hate it myself too but hate it even more with J and L! :( I took Luke last year when he fell off the dryer onto the concrete floor (yeah bad mom of the year award) and make friends with a dad who was there with his little one who swallowed his big brother's legos! I am convinced we pick up more germs there :(