Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As promised...

Some new pictures of our kiddo. My "non-climber" figured out how to step up IN TO the fridge on Saturday. I contained my laughter long enough to get the camera and snap a few pictures. Seriously, this girl can barely walk up stairs, but she hopped right in there for a snack!
The kid closet! No, not for storing children , but for organizing their piles of "necessary stuff" like socks and bibs. With the addition of the toddler bed to the nursery, we had to either lose the chair or the dresser in there. I chose to keep the chair for night-time rocking and lose the 3-drawer dresser. To make up for the lost storage space, Sam installed some shelves, bumped the hanging rod down, and we bought plastic bins for the kids' clothes.

The bottom shelf of blue bins are for the Little Guy, the red ones are Annie's, and the top shelf are shared items like towels, sheets, bibs, and medicines. The very top shelf is junk in boxes we rarely need. Each child has 7 bins: Miscellaneous (seasonal things), Socks and Undershirts, Pajamas, Shirts, Pants and Shorts, and Outfits (matching things). You can only see 5 bins in the pictures because our closets are stupid and are quite wide, but the door opening is not as wide.

We got the bins at Ikea for $1.50 apiece. I couldn't find any baskets/containers in town for less than $4, so I was super-stoked about my good find.

I also got 3 pop-up hampers with handles to sort laundry in the closet. One for Boy, one for Anne, and one for sheets and blankets. I know I sound ridiculous explaining all of this to you, but this is the sort of thing that makes me excited! And thanks to Sam (and Karl) for putting all the hardware together, and God bless Sam for saying "Are you going to label those bins?" which meant "Please label those so I can follow your system and you won't yell at me."

And this is what Anne would look like on the ice. It was part of an assignment I had my kids at school do, and I thought it was kind of funny.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I just realized you have a blog too! So fun. That picture of "Annie" is kinda creepy, but the ones in the fridge are adorable. :)