Thursday, May 14, 2009

Important Days I Forgot

Okay, so in my posting about our Chicago trip I forgot to mention that Sam turned 25 on Saturday! He spent his birthday working and waiting for his girls to come home, which probably wasn't very much fun. He did get to play Wii with his pal Jaime for a while, but I felt bad that he had been alone for 23 hours of his special day. So, sorry hubby! Erin and Todd helped me make up for it on Monday night with a backyard fire and chocolate cake.

Sunday was Mother's Day. We slept in to skip church (bad!) and went to brunch with Harriet, Parva, Sarah, and Ben. We had a really good time, and Sarah had made a nice photo collage of all of us for Harriet's gift. We spent the rest of the day lounging around the house, discussing baby names, and taking Anne to the playground. All in all, a nice relaxing day, especially after being on the road for 2 days.

And finally, today Sam and I cheesily celebrate our "anniversary." It was May 14, 2000 that we were "officially dating" as two clueless 10th graders. Nine years later, here we are! The only reason I keep recognizing this day is because it is much more indicative of our relationship than our wedding anniversary. Two years of marriage doesn't quite seem to show how much of our lives we've been together--9 years is much more correct.

So that's the Westphall Holiday Cluster for the year. Love you, Sam! Happy 25th, thanks for a great Mother's Day, and hopefully the next 9 years will fly by as fast as the first 9 did (though maybe be a little less tumultuous...)

2 comments:

Gilbertson Family said...

I don't remember the exact date (I'm sure Anders does), but it was May of 9th grade that we started dating. He had been pursuing me for months. "Clueless" doesn't even begin to describe it... :)

TB said...

You started dating on my birthday :) Love it!

9 years is fantastic! We have been married 7 years in June and together for 11....amazing how fast it goes, eh?