Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First Haircut

Annie joined the Haircut Club on Saturday. At 19.5 months old, it was high time. We got up on Saturday morning, had a bath, and headed to the salon with Auntie Erin. My strategy was to either hold Anne on my lap while Erin took pictures or feed Anne fruit snacks while Erin took pictures. Either way, I wasn't going to do it by myself.

We had a nice early morning appointment, so hardly anyone was there. Anne met Ali and we got her situated in the chair. She looked so tiny to me in that huge chair! Ali did a great job of working with Annie as she jerked her head around to look at different things and trimmed up the mop-top quite nicely.

All I can say is we are thankful for delicious Gerber fruit snacks and the fact that my child is a total narcissist who enjoys looking at her own mug. The giant mirror was nice for her, as was looking at the LCD screen on Erin's camera. "Ah more Nannie?" she would ask.

And bad Mommy that I am, I have no "After" picture! She looked adorable for the rest of the day--Ali put some "product" in her hair to help the curls hold their shape and she looked so darn cute. We did some shopping downtown that afternoon and Anne received several compliments from strangers on her curls. And I figure we'll have more than enough pictures of her this week as we take part in all of the wedding festivities. More to come, for sure!

1 comment:

Nanny #2 said...

Mom has an after picture.