Saturday, May 2, 2009

D'oh!

After 4 great nights in the bed, we are currently trying nap #1 in the bed. It's not going well.

I laid her down, she kicked around for a while, and when I heard some funny noises I went to check and she was standing on the bed. Not getting out, but just standing there. I got a "Hi Mommy" when I opened the door.

So I laid her back down, sat with her for a minute, and then let her be. About 2 minutes later I heard a huge THUD and when I opened the door I was greeted by a flood of water soaking my socks. She was up again and had overturned her humidifier. So she's crying in the crib now and I'm off to do a load of towels (with one pair of socks for good measure).

These are the days I'm jealous of Sam and his schedule. He gets to be with her from breakfast until lunch, when she's most happy and willing to play or snuggle. I get the nap times and dinner times, when she fusses and throws food and is sometimes quite unpleasant. Once school's out I'll get the morning, too, but how do I get out of dinner duty for a while?

No comments: