Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Annie's First Blizzard (no, not the DQ kind)

That's the kind of blizzard a woman can appreciate!

No, we got about a foot of snow last night, so Sam and I bundled Annie up and took her outside. We never put her out in the snow last year (and why would we?) so this was her first chance to play in it a bit.

Starting out with trepidation:Venturing down the driveway:
Hey, I kinda like this!
Measuring up against the snow pile Sam made while shoveling the driveway. It isn't a very good picture, but it is a tall pile.

So I got a birthday snow day, which is the 2nd time that has happened in the 4 years I've been teaching. Most people would be excited about this, but I had already taken the day off and had plans to visit Erin in Mankato. We were going to shop and eat and have real coffee and see her apartment, all without a certain pair of adorable but occasionally bothersome children. Now instead I got to stay inside all day with said children, who seem to have a case of the Whineys.

No comments: